India is a developing country and adapting the concept of electric bikes is a little harder for people. E-bikes are battery-operated bikes that are very easy to ride and play a great role in saving the environment. A lot of developed countries have already adopted the concept of e-bikes and almost everyone over there is using e-bikes. The Indian government is also motivating people to go for an e-bike as it is going to help the nation as a whole is going towards a better future. E-bikes have numerous benefits but until and unless people don’t know about them they won’t understand how important and beneficial it can be for them to shift from a traditional bike to an e-bike.
We have talked a lot about e-bikes but what is the actual definition of an e-bike? And why buying an electric bike is a great idea especially the e-bikes manufactured in India let’s find out.
What is an e-bike?
E-bikes or electric bikes are the new generation bikes that operate through batteries and don’t require petrol to run. It can be operated by just clicking a button and comes with different features. All these things, a motor, controller, batteries, etc. are integrated smoothly to give it a futuristic look.
Why choose an e-bike?
The top 10 reasons to choose an e-bike are:
- Eco-Friendly – An e-bike runs on a battery which means there are no chances of air pollution as well as it doesn’t create any type of noise so no noise pollution. On the other hand, if we look at a standard bike which is very common in India it contributes a large percentage share in air pollution and emits harmful gasses which affect health. So an e-bike is a thousand times better option than this.
- Fast – They have a sleek and compact body and they are much lighter in weight when compared to other non-electric vehicles which gives them the benefit of faster speed with safety. Indian traffic becomes damn irritating sometimes, but these e-bikes are a solution to that as they can easily make their way through narrow lanes or from small spaces in between a traffic jam.
- Economical – E-bikes are pocket friendly, they are cheaper than the normal bikes available in the market and they offer the best e-bikes even in the lowest price range. Also, e-bikes are operated through batteries that last around 4 years and get fully charged for only Rs. 20 in India on a charging station.
- Helps Domestic market to grow – There are numerous brands in India like TVS, Mantra e-bikes, Hero, etc. that manufacture and supply their electric bikes in India. So when you buy an Indian-manufactured electric bike it automatically helps the people in the domestic market to grow.
- Minimizes some daily expenses – If you have an e-bike you can easily do your everyday commutes at a lower cost as it doesn’t require too much money to charge an e-bike and it gives great mileage on a single charge. You are saving the amount you would have paid for a bus, metro, or local train ticket. Petrol prices are rising each day, so this is the biggest expense and cutting out this one means you are saving a lot of money.
- Futuristic – With a creative approach these e-bikes are manufactured, using the latest technology. This is just the start as time will pass, electric bikes will update to some other level which we have seen only in movies and never expected could be real. The world is going toward the future, so accepting a thing that is made with the idea and need of the future is always a win-win situation.
- Variety – E-bikes come with a huge variety of designs, colors, and features. As technology is taking huge turns there is a wide variety of electric bikes already available in the market. I am pretty sure you can get the bike of your choice easily in the Indian market. Mantra is one such Indian e-bike brand that offers a huge variety of e-bikes with different designs and well-equipped features. Also, customers can choose their preferred battery type with them.
- Easy to ride – People who think that an e-bike will be harder to ride than a normal bike then let me tell you it’s the easiest bike to ride. Once you will learn how to operate it you will find out how easy it is to handle and ride an e-bike.
- Fun and Cool – As e-bikes are designed with a futuristic approach they have a very appealing presence that seems fascinating and cooler to the younger generation. Due to their non-complex design, they are fun to ride and can be used by anyone very easily.
- Great alternative for cars – These electric two-wheelers are for sure an amazing alternative for cars. They are easier to ride, way cheaper than a car, don’t require too much expertise to operate, and most importantly e-bikes cut the pollution level and help in creating cleaner air to breathe in.
You can prefer Mantra, we are one of the best electric scooter companies. After doing a lot of research on e-bikes and talking about their definition and benefits of it. We can say that Indian manufacturers and suppliers are all set to introduce more updated and sexier e-bikes. It’s high time that people should understand that e-bikes are beneficial for them in every way possible. E-bikes are very simple and easy to handle.